You can read my Terms and Conditions here, and a link to them will be sent to you with your quote. For longer projects and advance bookings, I will ask for a deposit of one third of the total fee when the work is booked in to secure the editing slot. I will then invoice for the final amount when the work is returned to you. This will also help you spread the cost. I accept payments by bank transfer or PayPal.
If you are happy with my quote, I
will send you a project agreement form. This will give your name, the project name
and word count, the type of editing, the start and completion dates (or agreed
time frame), the total cost, details of any advance payment required, and when
payment is due. You will need to fill in the form with your name, email address
and postal address and return it to me.
My minimum fee is £50.00. My rates are £28.00 per hour for proofreading and £33.00 per hour for copyediting, which are in line with the CIEP's suggested minimum rates.
See below for more information, and for a free, no-obligation quote, contact me.
If you would like a quote, please send me a copy of the files to be edited or proofread, and let me know when you would like the work to be completed. My quotes are based on the total word count, the number of files to be checked and compared for consistency, the level of editing required and the time frames involved.
To help me provide an accurate quote and time frame for working on your book, I will need to see the whole manuscript. If you wish, I will provide a free, no-obligation, 1000-word sample edit to help you decide whether you would like to work with me.
Before quoting, I need to know:
- What your book is about, its title, its genre and word count.
- The type of editing you’re looking for: copyediting or proofreading.
- Your publishing plans: sending to agents, pitching directly to publishers or self-publishing.
- What stages of editing your book has already been through: developmental/structural editing, beta reading, manuscript critique or copyediting.
- The format your project is to be marked up in: Word (for copyediting and proofreading) or PDF (for proofreading only).
- Your preferred date for work to start and deadline for completion.
Before I start work, it would be helpful for me to have a copy of any style sheets prepared by you or a previous editor and the names of your preferred dictionary and style guide, if any.
"Thanks again for your service. I really appreciated your level of quality and your flexibility in terms of timing/availability."
Jacob Jaskov, Hush Hush Projects